Welcome to the Supernatural Infantilism Community!
This community was formed to bring fans of Superantural and infantilism together to discuss, contribute, and otherwise enjoy fanfiction, fanart, and fanvids! Infantilism is a woefully small and sometimes misunderstood sub-genre of hurt/comfort.
For those of you who don't know, infantilism is the persistence of infantile (baby) behaviors in adult life. Adult-size cribs, baby bottles, diapers, and other baby items are used to help submerge adult babies into their infantile headspace and/or care for them and provide for all their needs.
Sometimes infantilism is voluntary, either for sexual reasons or to simply escape from the stresses of everyday life. In either case, it can
lead to actual, legit mental age regression. But not always. Sometimes infantilism is involuntary, in the case of emotionally, mentally, or developmentally traumatized or disabled adults.
It's not always a kink. Sometimes, it's just comforting. Like a warm blanket, or a fluffy pillow. We were all babies once. It can be relaxing to pretend we're babies again. Nothing to worry about, no bills to pay, no cranky boss, no weight to lose, no meals to make, etc.
What this community is NOT:
- It is not a place for online trolls. No flaming, please. We're all here for infantilism, but if you throw a temper tantrum, mods will turn this car around.
- It is not a place for diaper porn. Okay, perhaps it is, but it's not a place strictly for diaper porn. Sexual infantilism and non-sexual infantilism are on equal ground here. One is typically viewed as ultra-naughty and taboo, while the other is the holy grail of innocence. So yes, they can be at opposite ends of the chessboard. Carefully read the details of links before clicking on them and you won't see Baby and Daddy gettin' it on, when you wanted to see family-friendly lovin'.
- It is not official. This community is in no way officially affiliated with Supernatural, the actors, or any other communities, including others on LiveJournal. No one here is an expert. Nothing here is condoned or suggested (in fact, unless stated otherwise, please don't try this at home). This community assumes no responsibility, and, as Crowley would say, "Blah, blah, blah..."
What this community IS:
- It is place to share! Fanfics, fanart, fanvids, and other goodies related to Supernatural infantilism and Supernatural RPF infantilism are welcome. Explicit content is accepted, but it will be put under a cut with the necessary warnings. If you submit a fanfic, please proofread it to the best of your ability and ensure the word count is higher than 500 words. Mods reserve the right to refuse to post content at their discretion, with or without reason. It probably won't happen, but you never know.
- It is a place to engage! Comments, questions, and discussions are encouraged. Lurkers, fear not. Come forth from your dark corners. We're all friendly here.
- It is a place for fun! This community isn't stuffy. Have a drink or five, and join in. Relax after a long day. Laugh at the terribly photoshopped pictures and then comment with something positive. We're fans of adults in diapers. It's okay not to take it seriously. As long as the fun doesn't stray into mockery of others' hard work, there's no harm done.
If so, click on the banner. It's pretty in-depth stuff, and isn't written with the common misconception that all infantilism is paraphilic (sexually gratifying). If you choose to pursue other research, beware of material written with a paraphilic bias or that which lacks a full understanding of infantilism.